The Grundfos SCALA2 is a fully integrated, self-priming, compact waterworks for pressure boosting in domestic applications. SCALA2 incorporates integrated speed control enabling the keeping of the perfect pressure at the taps, meaning that the pump performance will increase with increasing demand.
- Perfect water pressure: Intelligent pump control adjusts operation automatically
- Low noise: As quiet as a modern dishwasher (47 dB(A) in typical use)
- Easy selection: One variant for all domestic boosting needs
- Easy installation: Compact, all-in-one solution, plug-and-pump
- Easy to operate: User-friendly control panel
- Reliable operation: Dry-running protection, anti-cycling
- Long lifetime: Quality-tested to perfection, maintenance-free
The SCALA2 can be installed in three easy steps:
- Connect the pipes.
- Prime the pump.
- Plug the pump into the power outlet and the pump will start.
As it is self-priming, the SCALA2 is able to pump water from a level below the pump. Provided it is filled with water, the pump is able to lift water from a depth of 8 m in less than 5 minutes. This facilitates easy installation and start-up of the pump and provides more reliable water supply in installations where there is a risk of dry running and leakages in suction hose or pipes.
If exposed to dry running, water shortage or excessive temperature, blocked pump, for example in case of seizure or overload, the pump will stop automatically, thus preventing a motor burnout. Thanks to its hydraulic design, permanent magnet motor and water cooling, the pump is extremely low-noise, 47 dB(A) in typical use, which makes it suitable for indoor as well as outdoor use.Max. Noise level at full load are 53 dB(A)
SCALA2 require no maintainance, but it is recommended to keep the pump clean, check the non-return valves and keep the ventilation holes free of dust